I'm sure you've come across plenty of healthy recipes for any meal every day, 365 days a year. Now, if you are determined to start the day off with a hearty breakfast it will keep you going for a long time without the urge to snack before lunch. As you know, I am always on the lookout for new healthy recipes as well as creating my own. I love to feed my family the healthiest foods with the hope of reduced risk of cancer, stroke and heart disease. This is one such meal.....
The breakfast Bar at Whole Foods has the most delicious Tofu Scramble. I love the idea of scrambling tofu with any vegetable and wrapping it up with whole grain tortilla. If you keep Firm Tofu and Tofu scrambler spice pack in your fridge, along with fresh bunches of spinach from the Farmer's Market this can be put together in a jiffy. If you don't have spinach handy, zuchini or mushroom can be substituted and it is equally delicious. All you have to do is scramble tofu and veggies with 1/2 chopped onion and 1/2 tspn ginger and my simple Tofu roll-up is ready for breakfast. So delicious and wholesome I think it beats any Fast food breakfast egg sandwich out there!!
Firm Tofu- 1 small carton
Spinach leaves- 2 bunches
Tofu Scrambler - 1 Packet
Soy sauce- 1/4 tspn
Chopped Onions- 1/2 a Spanish Onion
Ginger paste- 1/2 tspn
Oil, salt and pepper
1. Wash, clean and dry out the spinach. Chop coarsely and keep aside.
2. Drain the Tofu of the water and keep aside.
3. Place a saucepan on the stove and add some oil. Add onions and saute until translucent.
4. Slowly add the spinach and saute well until there is no water remaining, cook for 2 mins.
5. Now add the tofu and scramble with the back of the spoon adding the Tofu scrambler mix at the same time.
6. When the scramble has no more liquid, remove from fire.
7. Warm tortillas, use the tofu filling to make a wrap. A handful of Cherries and you have a complete breakfast!